Saturday, January 18, 2014

One

 On January 7, we celebrated Chapman David's first birthday!  Above is one of my favorite pictures taken of him recently.  He's won our hearts and we all love him like crazy. If I counted how many kisses he gets each day, it would probably number in the fifties.  Sometimes I fear we smother him...
 I can't believe a year has passed since he snuggled in close as a little newborn.
Some of my favorite things about him: When the kids get home from school, he's often the first one they ask for and want to see. We call him all kinds of nicknames like "Chap-O," "Happy Chappy, " "Chappers," or "Chappy Dave." Chap does a silly wiggle head bob dance when he's happy eating his food.  Hudson wrestles with him, and I carry him around like he's my koala baby, along for the ride. When it's time to lay him down, I sing "Great is Thy Faithfulness" and that's his cue for his thumb to go in his mouth and his tiny hands to grasp onto his blanket.  He rarely fusses at those times, but just looks up at me contentedly.
Happy Birthday, Chaps!  We hope that you continue to grow and learn to love your Maker.  May you follow in His footsteps all the days of your life.  We are so thankful that God chose you for our family.

2 comments:

  1. Love you like crazy my little ChapChap!!! You light up Grama's life in a big and beautiful way! Happy Happy First! Grama Rack

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Chap! He looks so grown up in that last picture with the sweater & birthday cake! Can't wait to get my share of those 50 kisses! :)

    ReplyDelete